Monday, May 26, 2008

Trying something new

Lately I've taken an interest in old toy patterns. Remember, the fabric ones that were stuffed with dried beans or panty hose or something and you could find them at church bazaars and the like?

I've also made a lot of vintage-inspired baby gifts in the last year or so, and they turned out REALLY cute, if I do say so myself.

So as if I needed something else to do, I've opened an Etsy shop to start making and selling some of those things that have been rattling around in my head. Right now my shop only has one lonely item, but hopefully soon it will have more. If you'd like to see, it's KimPayne.etsy.com. I am hesitant to do this, because I have failed miserably many times at endeavors like craft shows and such. But this time around, I'm just going to make what I love, and if anyone likes it they can buy it. And if worse comes to worst, I just won't have to buy a baby gift for the next 15 years.

1 comment:

Sharon said...

Hi Kim! I've been reading Chad's blog for a while, (since he joined the Assembly of God Blogs- which BTW I hope you'll join too!!) Continue using your talents God has given you. From the pictures it looks like pretty awesome stuff! Making your own wedding gown? WOW! That's amazing.

It's nice to meet you! Blessings! ~Sharon~ (Owner/Moderator of the Assembly of God Blogs)