Friday, May 22, 2009

and now two years ago...


it just doesn't seem possible that a year has passed since this post.

I've always heard that "time heals all wounds". I guess maybe time heals some wounds. It might make a few more bearable. But there are some that never, ever go away. I prefer God's work over time's work any day, though.
Here's me and Ron, I don't know exactly when, but I was probably 13 or 14. It's supposed to be like the "American Gothic" painting, but it was always hard to keep a straight face around Ron.

3 comments:

Sarah said...

I love this photo and the happy memories surrounding it. Thanks for posting it. Love you!

Kim said...

And thank you for your permission to post it!

I was just thinking that the first sugar snap peas I ever ate were from Ron's garden. I love them so much that I grow them every year now, and my girls love them too. Two years ago I couldn't pick them without bawling, but this year I can, so I guess that's progress.

maya said...

i don't think it ever gets easier, it just gets ... different. i love this photo kim. it's perfect.