Monday, May 18, 2009

New resource!


When the Consumer Products Safety Improvement Act of 2008 (CPSIA) made it too costly and complicated for me to sell (safe) children's items, it broke my heart. But to add insult to injury, it seemed that no one around me even knew what was happening. I know I am not alone, for many other small businesses have suffered the same fate. But I don't think I've ever talked to a person IRL who was even aware of this new legislation. The people I contact through the internet are sometimes unaware, but often have believed the misinformation and myths that are circulating. And some misguided souls actually think these burdensome new laws are good, and will actually make children safer!

This is why I was so glad to hear about a new website: WhatIsTheCPSIA.com. Its purpose is to inform those who have not heard, and to give correct information to those who might think the CPSIA does not affect them as a consumer, or apply to them as a business. It also gives resources for affected businesses, libraries, thrift stores, etc., and ideas on how everyone can take action!

No comments: