Thursday, June 11, 2009

better therapy

After the comments from the last post, I decided to take my readers' wise advice and uncrumple the poor innocent piece of paper. The CPSIA is not its fault, after all. I decided instead to fold it into a paper crane. It seemed a fitting symbol of hope, and there she sits until the ideas contained within are needed once more. Japanese legend says that if I fold 999 more of these, my wish will come true. If I make it that far, I'll wish away the CPSIA, okay?
And after that, we decided upon another bit of therapy. This is my very pre-1985 copy of We Help Mommy, beloved in my childhood, but victim of a bit of a storage disaster. Lydia helped me Mod-Podge the cover back together, and there it sits to dry. It's one of her favorite books now, so we had to salvage it best we could.

So those are my acts of quiet activism for today. And if you'd like to make your own paper crane, click here.

1 comment:

maya | springtree road said...

only 999 more, huh? sounds doable.

:)