Sunday, February 14, 2010

chemo caps

A couple of weeks ago, Megan of Late Night Design asked where I donate the chemo caps I make. It made me realize I've never covered that here, so I thought I would.

My mother-in-law works with an organization called Look Good Feel Better. They work with cancer patients, helping them cope with the special challenges of treatment. They do makeovers, teach them how to wear wigs, hats, scarves, how to deal with skin changes and hair loss, and I'm sure lots of other things. It is a fine organization, and I am happy to make hats for them to give to the women they serve. You may check the program finder on their website to see if there's one near you that may need hats or other items.

Also, on the Head Huggers website, there are many patterns as well as instructions for submitting hats.

Cancer and its various treatments are painful enough; it adds insult to injury when cancer patients have a cold head from hair loss. Hats are quick enough to knit, crochet or sew that I think each and every cancer patient should have a handmade hat. And from good yarn too, not that scratchy stuff. And that's all I have to say about that. :)

And back to Megan - be sure to check out her Etsy shop, too!

1 comment:

Megan said...

Thank you so much for the shout out! You rock! <3