Wednesday, April 14, 2010

snail habitat

As I expected, the snail needed a house. So here's the house in the book, and the house we made. Not a bad replica, if I say so myself. Lydia has since added artwork on the walls. Thankfully she was content with bubble wrap in place of an actual bubble bath… it's the little things in life that I appreciate. ;)

Here's Lydia dressed as Angel Cat Sugar, complete with the pink purse to use to carry the snail home.
One modification to the pattern: The snail didn't want to sit up well, so I added that ruffle thing around the bottom like a real snail. Now we know why real snails have that thing, I guess. I would not hazard to tell you in detail how I did it; I just did a row of single crochet where I wanted it to go, then did 2 sc in the back loop of each sc around.
Oh, and the snail needed a purple bow, too. So rather than a boy snail named Cinnamon, as in the book, we have a girl snail named Pretty.