Sunday, June 6, 2010

blackberries love rain (and other news)

If only the internet could convey taste and smell! These guys are HUGE. I've had a little trouble with birds getting after the berry bushes and vines, but I very hastily put a wind chime out there the other day and that seems to be doing the trick.

Blackberries love rain, but unfortunately outdoor craft sales do not. We set up under Trowbridge's graciously loaned awning Friday night. I sold a little, but there wasn't much of a crowd because of the weather. Oh well.

But congratulations to Amy, whose baby boy was born Wednesday evening! Feel free to hop over and visit her blog - I'd bet she will have some photos up as soon as she's able!

1 comment:

maya said...

wow! all our berries are measly and inedible. blackberries are my favorite!