Wednesday, June 2, 2010

opinions?

So for my First Fridays booth, I've had these white styrofoam heads to display a few hats. Daddy made stands for them. I've felt, though, that they were unfinished. So on a whim the other day, I decoupaged them with some bright-colored tissue paper. I thought it would be interesting, the way the color gets deeper where it overlaps or wrinkles.

I did the green one first, and after a few pieces of paper, it started to look like bandages. Poor girl. Then Chad came by, and said it looked like some sort of mutant, and we had a good laugh at the poor girl's expense.

So what do you think? Bright, attention-getting display item? Or mutant… accident victim… heads… on pikes?

7 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Interesting!!!!
I am sure Chad was right at first glance, but they are very eye catching like this, and you want to catch as many eyes as possible. They are much better that the blah white heads. Just saying...

Charlotte said...

oooohhhh I think maybe the styrofoam heads may sell!

Anonymous said...

Kimmy, they are 'artsy' and will definately do the job. I would probably paint a tattoo on the cheek and paste on some false eyelashes.
Love Melanie

Charlotte said...

Hey the eyelashes are a great idea. I have some if you want.
(oh, they are from the craft dept. - no your mother has not started wearing false eyelashes) heehee!

The Crazy Cat Lady said...

I like them! I think it adds interest to your product ~ good job Kim!
Amanda

sarahmch said...

I think they're beautiful! Like pieces of art, themselves. Reminds me of Easter eggs. Love 'em!