Wednesday, December 22, 2010

and here's Geo!

Whew!  The Team Umizoomi dolls are complete, and with two days to spare!  I am pretty pleased with how Geo turned out.  His suit on the show has a lot of variations in color, but dear reader, I just didn't have the time for that.  Instead, I used a mottled blue fabric and hope it has about the same effect.  And his belt is not a square, as on the show, but again, time.  I don't think Lydia will mind.

And here's the whole "tiny team."  Lydia is going to be ecstatic!

If you'd like to see the other posts about making the Team Umizoomi dolls, with pattern ideas, etc:


Update:  I am so flattered by the requests I have received to make sets of Team UmiZoomi dolls.  Even though it breaks my heart, I turn down these requests due to copyright issues, CPSIA red tape, and lack of time.  My purpose in writing these posts was to gather information, so that we parents could try and fill the gap Nickelodeon has left for us.  I continually refer people to the first and second posts in this series for sewing and crochet pattern ideas.  Hope that helps!

10 comments:

maya said...

lydia is going to love those! you're so good! :)

Charlotte said...

I LOVE the team!!! Lydia will be SO excited!

Sue said...

Merry Christmas. You did a great job on the dolls. I know your daughter will like them very much.

Anonymous said...

these are great! you did an awesome job.

Anonymous said...

i soooo wish you could sell these!!!

Shaina said...

Ooo I wish I knew how to sew!! My daughter is constantly talking to her little friend Geo. She pretends he's with her always. She'd go nuts if she had a little Geo doll to bring with her everywhere! :)

Kim said...

Oh, I wish too! You should give it a try! Lydia does the same thing - Team Umizoomi (imaginary) goes with us everywhere. :)

Kate said...

So excited to see these! They've started showing Team Umizoomi on Nick Jr here in the UK (with dub bed British accents!) and my 4 year old son is obssessed with them! I've been trying to crochet Geo, Mili and Bot but this has given me the idea of sewing them as dolls for Christmas! Don't have a sewing machine though so may have to handstitch!

Kim said...

Oh, I hope you give it a try! I think they would look great in felt, which would be excellent for hand stitching. Feel free to post a link here to your finished work - we'd love to see it!

christina said...

these dolls look AMAZING! (was doing a search for TU as my girl's 2nd bday is coming up and she loves this show- she'd adore these dolls!)